Winston Churchill called Uganda “the Pearl of Africa” because of its beauty, colour and abundance of wildlife. Uganda is a land of astonishing diversity and one of the last refuges of the endangered mountain gorilla
. It also is the home of the highest number of primate species, some of the richest birding in Africa (over a 1,000 species), the highest mountain range in Africa, the Rwenzori Mountains as well as plains of game
and big cats.
EXPLORE PLUS TRAVEL & TOURS SPECIALISE IN DEVELOPING AFFORDABLE, CUSTOM-TAILORED UGANDA SAFARIS FOR OUR CLIENTS INCLUDING:
THINGS TO LOOK FORWARD TO WHEN VISITING UGANDA:
- Group safaris - an outstanding opportunity to experience the best of Uganda, including tracking chimpanzee’s in Kibale Forest (best place in Africa to trek chimps), visit Queen Elizabeth National Park for game viewing and trek gorillas in the Bwindi Impenetrable National Park.
- Private tailor-made safaris according to your personal preferences.
- Add-on safaris the Mabamba Swamps to see the elusive Shoebill Storks
- Visits to the fascinating Ngamba Island Chimpanzee Sanctuary
- Multiple destinations: Combining Uganda with countries such as Kenya, Tanzania, Victoria Falls and South Africa.
- Uganda shelters over half of the world’s remaining mountain gorillas, making it the largest concentration of mountain gorillas in the world.
- The colourful array of bird species, with over 1,000 species recorded countrywide.
- Chimpanzee tracking in the Kibale Forest and other chimpanzee sanctuaries.
- Cruise on the Kazinga channel in Queen Elizabeth National Park.
- Mountain Climbing the snow caped Rwenzori Mountains (Mountains of the Moon) in western Uganda.
- Fishing at the bottom of Murchison Falls to catch the Nile Perch.
- View Murchison Falls - the most powerful waterfall in the world.
- The rich cultural history of Uganda, with significant world heritage sites and friendly people with traditional arts and crafts.
- Jinja - at the source of the Nile River and home to one of the world’s best commercial white water rafting experiences.
- Canoe or walk around one of the 165 crater lakes found in Uganda.
Uganda offers a comprehensive African experience. Nowhere else in Africa can you go chimpanzee tracking, gorilla tracking, and see the Big Five without having to cross a border.