The “Land of a Thousand Hills”
is the perfect name for the extraordinary country of Rwanda. Rwanda is home to magnificent scenery, smiling and welcoming people and incredible primate species. STANDING FACE TO FACE WITH A WILD MOUNTAIN GORILLA IS SOMETHING YOU WILL NEVER FORGET, A TRULY UNFORGETTABLE, ONCE IN A LIFETIME EXPERIENCE!
Bookings fill up far ahead in time and permits could be secured up to a year in advance. There are 19 recognised gorilla families in Rwanda’s Virunga National Park, totalling approximately 480 individual gorillas, of which only 10 habituated groups can be seen by tourists. The rest are studied by researchers who continue the work so memorably championed by Dian Fossey.
EXPLORE PLUS TRAVEL & TOURS SPECIALISE IN DEVELOPING AFFORDABLE, CUSTOM-TAILORED RWANDAN SAFARIS FOR OUR CLIENTS INCLUDING:
THINGS TO LOOK FORWARD TO WHEN VISITING RWANDA:
- Group safaris - an outstanding opportunity to experience Rwanda's most popular areas including Kigali, mountain gorilla trekking at the Volcanoes Mountains and Nyungwe Forest.
- Private tailor-made safaris according to your personal preferences.
- Add-on safaris to the DRC Congo to trek eastern lowland gorillas, chimpanzees or to hike Mount Nyiragongo (volcanic crater).
- Chimpanzee trekking in the Nyungwe forest.
- The colourful array of bird species, with over 670 species recorded countrywide, living in Nyungwe will impress everyone.
- Kigali, the capital has emerged from the terrible genocide war in 1994 to become one of Africa’s cleanest and most interesting capitals.
- Chimpanzee trekking in the Nyungwe forest. Trek up to the top of either Bisoke or Karisimbi on a two-day excursion.
- Go on an easy two and a half hour walk to a group of crater lakes, during which you will observe amazing bird life.
- Visit Diane Fossey’s grave (a 1-3 hour walk, depending on how fit you are and how often you wish to stop to enjoy the beautiful scenery).
- Ascend Mount Visoke up to its crater (a two-hour walk).
- Unwind on the sandy shores of Lake Kivu and explore this charming market town.
- Visit the genocide museum, where 259,000 victims have been buried.