Kenya is the original African safari destination and is still considered one of Africa's greatest wildlife destinations. The region’s dramatic contrasts and endless
array of national parks including Lake Nakuru, Amboseli, Samburu, and perhaps one of the world’s richest wildlife reserves, the Masai Mara National Reserve, showcases extraordinary wildlife. Add to this the second highest mountain in Africa, Mount Kenya, and the Kenyan coastline with amazing seafood and white sandy beaches to experience one of Africa’s top destinations.
The migrating herds of zebra and wildebeest usually arrive sometime in July and remain until October. During this time, the herds often cross back and forth across the Mara River. These river crossings can be very dramatic with crocodiles and lion waiting in ambush. The Masai Mara is known for its excellent ‘big cat’ sightings. Even outside of the ‘migration season’ the Masai Mara region offers spectacular game-viewing opportunities.
EXPLORE PLUS TRAVEL & TOURS SPECIALISE IN DEVELOPING AFFORDABLE, CUSTOM-TAILORED KENYAN SAFARIS FOR OUR CLIENTS INCLUDING:
THINGS TO LOOK FORWARD TO WHEN VISITING KENYA:
- Group safaris from South Africa. Travel in the company of other South Africans on our group tours, which provide an outstanding opportunity to experience Kenya’s popular wildlife parks including the Masai Mara, Samburu and Ol Pajeta Conservancy.
- A private safari with your private tour guide and vehicle, tailored to best suit your needs, developed by our experienced destination experts.
- Witnessing hundreds of thousands of wildebeest and zebra traversing the Masai Mara with predators in pursuit has no parallel on the planet!
- Amboseli, with Mount Kilimanjaro as the impressive scenic backdrop offers superb game-viewing, especially for elephant.
- At Lake Nakuru witness the spectacle of thousands of shimmering pink flamingos lining the shores of the lake.
- The Samburu Reserve is home to several rare species of game and is another must-not-miss on any Kenyan safari.
- Straddling the equator at 5199m, Mount Kenya is the second-highest mountain in Africa, and offers a picturesque climb.
- An unforgettable Balloon Safari is an amazing way to take in the vastness of the Masai Mara's untamed wilderness.
- Kenya’s coastline is also stunning with its white sand and turquoise ocean, not to mention Lamu Island, one of the world’s most unique islands.