Important facts you need to know about eXplore Plus Travel & Tours:
eXplore Plus have 22 years of knowledge in sending clients up Kilimanjaro and with 11 climbs between us (including the Machame, Umbwe, Rongai, Marangu & Lemosho routes). We can give you an in-depth review of all the routes
The eXplore Plus team is available for emergency assistance 24 hours
a day during your climb.
ONESTOP service to our clients. We offer:
- International & domestic flights within South Africa & Tanzania if required.
- All ground arrangements including special requirements (private toilet, extra acclimation days, single tents, etc.) for your climb.
- Add-on package: Zanzibar, Mount Meru and Safaris within Tanzania & Kenya.
- Gear hiring from our office in South Africa or pre-arranging gear hire in Moshi.
- Presentations & private presentations to groups at locations in Gauteng (South Africa) or online through Skype conversance call.
- Travel insurance – you can’t climb Kilimanjaro without proper cover!!!
We offer excellent after-sales service
and additional information to help you to be fully prepared for your climb (as we have done it, we understand the importance of being prepared)! With your booking confirmation you will receive:
OUR GUIDES & CREW:
- Our complete pack list for Kilimanjaro to suggest what we see as necessary items to take on your climb, what is recommended and what is optional.
- Our tips to help you to prepare for your climb!
- A detailed breakdown of tips for your Kilimanjaro crew to help you to budget accordingly.
- Information on dehydration, supplements, electrolytes etc.
- Our guides are in contact with the office in Moshi with mobile phones and/or radio (which is available at campsites).
- The chief guides carry an oxy-meter, emergency oxygen & a first-aid kit.
- eXplore Plus is in direct contact with our guides on the mountain to receive daily updates of our clients while climbing (see our Facebook page as we also post photos as we received them from our guides). This allows your family and friends to follow you while you climb.
- With us, you do not climb with a random guide employed by our Tanzania partner, but a guide we know and trust to take you up the mountain!
- We are also in contact by email with our guides and confirm all necessary information like special requests, dietary requirements, etc. with them before your arrival for them to be fully prepared when they meet with you at the hotel.
- Our porters do not carry more than 15 kg (as stipulated in the National Parks rules).
- We provide sleeping tents for the guides and porters.