TRIP EXTENSIONS (before or after your climb):
Why not see more and take a WILDLIFE SAFARI
and visit some of the famous National Parks of Tanzania and Kenya OR relax on the exotic beaches of ZANZIBAR
. Alternatively, if you fly via Rwanda we can arrange a GORILLA TRACKING
safari for you. We can also arrange climbs up MOUNT KENYA
highest mountain), MOUNT MERU
highest mountain near Arusha), or MOUNT NYIRAGONGO
(a volcano mountain in DR Congo with an active lava lake at the bottom of the crater).
- TANZANIA (Safari): When it comes to the safari experience, Tanzania’s stunning range of wildlife and its many beautiful national parks make it the best place in Africa to go on safari. National Parks of Tanzania, such as Lake Manyara, Ngorongoro, Tarangire, and the world-famous Serengeti offer visitors the opportunity to see the big five as well as countless other animals and birds.
- TANZANIA (Mount Meru): Mount Meru (4566m) is a spectacular volcanic mountain and part of the Arusha National park eco-system. The trek offers dramatic scenes of the volcanic crater and ash cone; opportunity for excellent views of Kilimanjaro in the distant; and also exciting walks among wild animals. You will pass tropical forest and bushy terrain before sand, volcanic ash and rocks lead the path to the top.
- KENYA (Safari & Mt Kenya): Kenya is the original African safari destination and is still considered one of Africa's greatest wildlife destinations. The region’s dramatic contrasts and an endless array of national parks, such as Lake Nakuru, Amboseli, Samburu and perhaps one of the world’s most abundant wildlife reserves, the Masai Mara showcase extraordinary wildlife.
- RWANDA (Gorilla Tracking): The 'land of a thousand hills' is the perfect name for the extraordinary country of Rwanda. Home to outrageous scenery, smiling and welcoming people, and incredible primate species! Volcanoes National Park in the Virunga volcanoes is home to the mountain gorillas. At least 480 mountain gorillas inhabit this (Virunga) complex and live at altitudes from 2300 - 4500m. One of the most significant wildlife experiences on earth is to spend an hour with the gentle giant gorillas as they go about their daily life - feeding, playing, resting, and raising their young.
- UGANDA (Gorilla Tracking): Uganda is a world-leading destination for gorilla tracking and one of the most beautiful counties in Africa. Dubbed the "Pearl of Africa", it's lush vegetation houses and incredible wildlife array of birds & plants, some of which can only be found in Uganda.
- ZANZIBAR (Beach holiday): Known as the Spice Island, the beautiful island of Zanzibar bursting with culture and history, seemingly at odds with its idyllic white-sand beaches with palms swaying lazily in the sea breeze. Together this makes Zanzibar a fabulous place to explore as well as a dream to relax and unwind. Zanzibar offers a multitude of beach resorts & lodges for those looking for a pre- or post-safari break, whether it's for some R&R on the beach or time to explore the vibrant reefs and marine life under the waves.
- DR CONGO (Mount Nyiragongo): This is a spectacular stratovolcano that hosts one of the world's largest and rarest lava lakes, making it one of Africa's most exciting and rewarding hiking experiences.